The island of tabarca is a natural reserve of crystalline waters and a great marine biodiversity, so you will enjoy the open waters in a privileged place of the Mediterranean sea, where you will be able to choose how to do your challenge, alone or in pace group, with or with out wetsuit, but in any case the fun is going to be assured before, during and after your swim.
- The date will be saturday , 9 of june from Life Beach Club Arenales, having to be at 6:30 to register in the call chamber.
- The first start will be at 7:00 a.m. for those of the individual challenge and at 7: 10’a.m. for those in the group challenge.
- The swimmers will go in a straight line to the island of Tabarca towards its western end (former quarry) where they will surround the island passing in front of its south beach until the east end of the island where they will make the turn, leaving the island to its left and the faraions on the right, straightening again in a straight line to the starting point, Life Beach Club de arenales.
- All swimmers have had to make the registration correctly according to the deadlines.
- Swimmers must prove that they have been able to swim at least 3.5km per hour over 10km or more, since in this swim is going to be a cut of in the middle of the race, all those swimmers who have not arrived at this point in less than 3h 45′ can not continue the swimming challenge
- Swimmers will have to present a medical certificate that indicates they are suitable for ultra-background tests.
- All swimmers must carry their buoy.
There will be the following modalities:
- Competitive Individual challenge with neoprene, each swimmer will carry a support kayaker at all times that will ensure their safety and supplies, that will be provided by the swimmer to the kayaker before the star
- Competitive individual challenge without neoprene, each swimmer will carry a support kayaker at all times to ensure their safety and supplies, that will be provided by the swimmer to the kayaker before the start
- Challenge in a non-competitive group, where the level rhythm will be 3km per hour. This group will take 4 support kayaks and one boat that will carry water, isotonic, bananas and sticks for the group refreshment and that will withdraw to anyone who leaves the group, either in front or behind. In this group you can go with or without neoprene indistinctly. Stops of 5′ each 55′ made supply and recover energy.
There will be a mandatory briefing on Friday afternoon at 6:00 pm at the Life Beach Club facilities where you will get the swimmer’s which will include a commemorative pole, gifts from sponsors and a ticket for the special dinner after the challengue.
At the end of the challenge, there will be a special provisioning and catering food, where commemorative medals will be given to all participants and trophies to the top 3 of each category of the individual challenge with neoprene and the top 3 of each category of the individual challenge without neoprene , according to the Spanish swimming federation.
In case the bad weather does not allow to start on Saturday, the organization reserves the right to postpone it for the next day or to take an alternative route.
In the that bad weather does not allow the challenge on Saturday or Sunday, the swimmer may request the return of 75% of the amount of the money paid or saved it for next year challenge.
The swimmer may unsubscribe with the full refund up to 30 days before the test, date from which no refunds will be made unless the swimmer has contracted the cancellation insurance for an amount of 40€ that will allow the return of the 100% of the registration up to 5 days before the challenge, date from which no returns will be accepted for any reason.
Once the start has been made, if it were to be suspended due to reasons beyond the control of the organization, there will be no right of refund.
The swimmers will have to follow the indications of the organization at all times, which in turn will be at the orders of the Civil Guard so they will have to abide by their instructions with education and respect, since they are the ones who will watch over the safety Of the test.
Inscriptions here click here
- Registrations will be opened on January 15 and payment will be made by web bank transfer to the organization’s account until the seats are filled or one month before the test.
The places for the individual challenge will be 50 in total.
The places for the group challenge will be 50 in total.
- The price will be:
240€ for the individual challenge with or without neoprene provided by Kayaker and kayak.
275€ for the individual challenge with or without neoprene provided by Kayaker alone
315€ for the individual challenge with or without neoprene to which the organization provided with kayak and kayaker.
€ 195 for the group challenge with or without neoprene.
- The payment will be made by direct transfer to the account of the organizer,
- Beneficiary Bank: Banco Santander, Plaza Baix nº 10, 03202, Elche
- Titular account: Rafael Aledo Vives
- SWIFT: BSCHESMMXXX
- Bank code: 0049
- Branch code: 4127
- Control digit: 82
- Account number: 2194019623
- and it will be necessary to send an email of the bank entry or screenshot of it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The organization of this event is run by the Natura Open Water and the the Ilicitano Triatlon Club. The Excelentísimo City Council of Elche collaborates.
More info or any extra need email@example.com
Recommended accommodation for swimmers teams http://naturasport.es/elche-b-b-rustic-lodging-for-sport-campus/